Owens Corning Roofing Platinum Preferred Contractors are the top tier of our exclusive network and meet strict standards for professionalism, reliability and unparalleled craftsmanship. Only they can offer our best roofing system warranty.
AEM only uses the most trusted manufacturers in the roofing industry in Owens Corning. We offer the complete roofing systems with no substitute or generic products with inferior warranties. Our roofing process is unlike any other in the industry because of our attention to detail from start to finish. We make sure that our crews leave your house like they found it, if not better. We are so confident in our process that we began our AEM “System to System” guarantee. If you find a quote that is lower than ours with our system we will match the price. Call us now to inquire about replacing your roof. No one knows roofing better than AEM. We take tremendous pride in our work and servicing our customers in our community.
If you have any questions about a project, any of the products we use, or would like a free estimate please contact us by filling out our form or by calling us. Thank you. We are certified professionals with over a quarter century of hands on experience. Family owned, and take tremendous pride in our work. We don't charge you for our services until you are satisfied. We build lifelong trust with our customers and look forward to meeting you.
- Ridge: An intersection of two roof planes forming a horizontal peak.
- Ridge vent: An exhaust vent that runs horizontally along the peak of the roof allowing warm, humid air to escape from the attic.
- Flashing: Waterproofing construction used at intersections of different planes or at openings in the roof.
- Hip: The intersection of two roof planes that meet to form a sloping ridge running from the peak to the eave.
- Deck: The structural base for the roof, usually made of wood or plywood.
- Underlayment: A layer of protective material between the deck and the shingles.
- Valley: The intersection of two sloping roofs joining at an angle to provide water runoff.
- Laminated or three-dimensional shingles: Shingles containing more than one layer of tabs to add dimension and durability.
- Gable: The triangular section of the outer wall at the peak of the roof. Also a type of roof.
- Metal drip edge: A narrow strip of noncorrosive metal used at the rake to facilitate water runoff.
- Dormer: A structure containing a window that projects vertically through the slope in the roof.
- Ice and water barrier: A self-adhesive waterproofing membrane used along eaves and valleys to protect these sensitive areas against ice damage and wind-driven rain.
- Eave: The lower border of the roof that overhangs the wall.
- Undereave vent: Intake vents located under the eaves of the roof that help draw cool dry air into the attic.